Yolo & Lindy visit Irvin Albrecht and ask him for help
| Property | Value |
|---|---|
| Start Date & Time | |
| Previous Scene | [[015. Ruinsed Plans]] |
| Current Chaos Factor | 6 |
| Scene Type | Expected |
Relevant Entities
[[Yolo]]
[[Lindiwie Kimura|Lindy]]
[[Irvin Albrecht]]
Scene
Lindy
So, when we get there, let me do the talking. Irvin will help us, but he'll be angry about it.
Yolo
And why is that?
Lindy
Because he begged me not to take work with Lee, and I did anyway.
she clicks her tongue
And because he's one of the few straight cops on the force...
Game
- Yolo
- I want to see if she's holding anything back.
- GME
- Give me a perception roll at a 5
- Yolo
- 2 effort, rolled a 2, miss
- GME
- You don't make it, not even a weak hit
Yolo
Anything else to be aware of?
Lindy
He lives in a... nicer part of town. We should make sure we aren't seen. Pull up your hood.
Game
- Yolo
- I takes her 10 minute rest roll on the way to Irvin's house.
- 2 + 2 points to return to pools
- GME
- Lindy and Yolo stop at the edge of the alleyway across from Irvine's house. There's plenty of traffic on this street, but not so much that it would obscure their approach to the house.
- If you want to approach the house unseen, give me a stealth roll at 4
- Yolo
- I'll use 1 speed, to ease by 1.
- nat 20
- Lindy
- Uses 1 speed and has stealth, easing by two
- 7 for Lindy.
- GME
- Two strong hits, and a benefit for Yolo, which is A cypher for Lindy.
- Yolo
- I try the door, is it open?
- GME
- Unlikely, Yes
Yolo
The door's open... shall we?
Game
- Lindy
- I walk through the door.
- Do I see anything interesting?
- GME
- Give me an observation roll at difficulty 5
- Lindy
- 1 effort, 1 for trained, difficulty 3,
- 17 strong hit
- GME
- Is the house intact? Likely, Extreme Yes
- You see Irvin Albrecht down the hall in his kitchen as he walks from the stove to somewhere else.
Lindy
Irvine? You home? It's Lindy.
Irvin
The noise from the kitchen stops. There's silence for a moment, then the sound of the drawer.
Yeah? Lindiwie? And to what exactly do we owe the honor?
Lindy
We? Oh no... I didn't know you had guests. Is there a better time to come calling?
Irvin
Irvin appears in the hallway, coming from the kitchen. He doesn't look pleased.
No, let's do this now. I see you've brought an attaché. Lee finally have enough of me?
Lindy
Oh fuck you Irvin. I'm a bounty hunter, not an assassin. And please...
her expression softens
I wouldn't hurt you. If ordered, I'd disappear first.
Irvin
You're certainly good at that. he practically spits
Well, come in. Shut the door.
he returns to the kitchen
Come on, sit down, have some tea.
Looking at Yolo
Who are you and how did she rope you into this?
Lindy
This is...
Irvin
I asked her.
Yolo
I'm Yolo, and I honestly think it's more the other way around. It doesn't really start there though. A few months ago I lost my job and lodgings and ended up sleeping rough, that morning, a man by the name of Daxter Biggby offered me breakfast for the price of my story...
Narrator
Yolo goes on to tell the story of her journey, not over embellishing, and not leaving out any detail. She chokes a moment when she talks about Dax's death, but quickly moves on to describe the ruins, the strangers who attacked her, her flight to Knathton, being attacked in the night, and her eventual encounter with Lindy.
Yolo
...and so that's how I met Lindy. She'd been sent to collect Dax and the artifact, knew nothing of me or my attachment to him, but agreed that this
she points to the tiara on the table between them
is probably too dangerous in any hands, let alone a crime boss'. It needs to be destroyed, but we also need to understand what Lee, Lady Eadriel, and that cult know about it. If there are more, well, destroying one won't stop them.
Irvin
takes a final long pull of his tea, puts his head in his hand, and taps his temple
Ok... but why come to me?
Lindy
We're in danger here. Lee's looking for us both, or will be shortly. Yolo's got no connections, and all of mine are on Lee's payroll. You're one of the few people that I know isn't on the take.
Irvin
What about the commissioner? She's bet her whole career on ending organized crime.
Lindy
Sure, and I'll just go and book an appointment with her? In that den of snakes? Or maybe I, a known associate of her main quarry, should just barge in on her unannounced? Even if I did manage to get a conversation, she'd never believe me.
Irvin
And who says I believe you?
Yolo
You don't...
she almost mumbles the words. As both faces whip towards her, she regrets it, but sheepishly adds
but I think you believe me.
She looks at Lindy for a moment
And... I think there's another reason we're here.
Narrator
The silence stretches on for an uncomfortable moment, until, finally, the tension becomes too much.
Irvin
Which is...?
Yolo
Tell him.... please?
Game
- GME
- Roll a persuasion at 8
- Yolo
- I want to use a cypher, specifically someone to impress
- GME
- That's a nat 20 then, the bonuses are
- that Lindy isn't furious with you for doing this
- and Irvin is convinced to help
- That's a nat 20 then, the bonuses are
Lindy
God damn it...
she lowers her head for a moment, then looks at Irvin
I'm sorry. You were right and I'm sorry. I told you I'd get out before I lost myself, and that's what this is. I'm sorry... I didn't think what my help would let him become.
She hangs her head.
Irvin
Irvin sits there silently for a long while, then looks at Yolo and smiles. He turns back to Lindy.
I take no pleasure in saying I told you so, but gods, I told you so.
Then again... you told me so too. You said you wouldn't change, and you haven't. I'm sorry I didn't believe that.
he stands up, walks to Lindy, and puts his hand on her shoulder
I'll do what I can... starting with arranging a meeting with the commissioner. Where can I contact you?
Lindy
We're renting a room from an old lady down dockside. When you want to talk, see that your rounds take you past there. Don't stop at the house, in case you're followed or watched. Just toss a news paper in the bin on the corner, and we'll know to meet you here.
Irvin
Is it really as dire as all that?
Lindy
Yeah Irv... I'm afraid it is. Better start locking your doors.
Game
- GME
- Did Irvin lock the door?
- Very likely, Extreme yes
Irvin
whispering What do you mean? I did lock the doors. And threw the bolt. I just assumed one of the two of you 'let yourselves in'.
he stands slowly, goes to the drawer and grabs a kitchen knife
I hope you're armed...
Ending Summary
Added Threads
Closed Threads
Added Characters
[[Commissioner Ayla]]
Removed Characters
End of Scene Checklist
UpdatePCsMark Arc ProgressAward XP, Cyphers, Items, etc.
Update FactionsObjectives if faction objective was touchedRandom fate roll if not
Update Threads & Character ListsSet up next scene template
| Property | Value |
|---|---|
| End Date & Time | |
| Next Scene | [[017. Threes Company, Fours a Crowd]] |
| Next Expected Scene | Explore Irvin's house for the other intruder, expected |
| Ending Chaos Factor | 6 |
Comments
Post a Comment