Skip to main content

013. A Challenging Homecoming

The carriage arrives back in The Old Town. Yolo and Lindy are spoiled for choice. They need to:

  • find out what Lee and Lady Eadriel knew
  • solicit help in their efforts to destroy this powerful, dangerous artifact
  • find a place to lay their head that's more permanent
    Which will they tackle first?

Property Value
Previous Scene [[012. A Brief Horse-drawn Respite]]
Current Chaos Factor 4
Scene Type Expected

Relevant Entities

  • [[Yolo]]
  • [[Lindiwie Kimura|Lindy]]

Setup

  • Is Lee Waiting for them?
    • 50/50, No
  • Are The watchers here aware of them?
    • Very unlikely, no

Scene

Lindy

Hey, wake up. We're almost there.

Yolo

Rubbing her eyes
That's good. Gods I needed that sleep. I didn't realize how tired the attack had left me.

Lindy
Yeah, I can't imagine anyone would sleep well after that much excitement.

Looking at Yolo
So, basically all my previous plans are out the window.

Yolo

Thanks again, by the way. But you're right, we should hit the ground running with some sort of plan. What do we need to do, and what do we already know?

she starts counting on her fingers
We have a very dangerous artifact
A dangerous criminal wants to get his hands on it to give to a powerful mage

Lindy
interrupting Ah ah, we don't know that.

she begins to point to Yolo's fingers and open them to count
Lee learned about the artifact from Lady Eadriel
Lady Eadriel and Lee Rensler both want the artifact
We don't know exactly what either want to use the artifact for
Lee Rensler is actively looking for you
He thinks I'm looking for you too.

Yolo

returns to counting
There's a secret society willing to kill for the artifact
They know I have it

Lindy

Didn't you kill the guy that came after you?

Yolo

He had a friend who didn't show up in my room to attack me. I assume he ran back to the larger force and informed them about events at the ruins. What do we have for assets?

We know a few things that neither Lee nor Lady Eadriel know
counting again
We're working together
The current location of the artifact
That the secret society is chasing the artifact

Do we have anything else? Help on the inside? Caches of resources? Bases of operation? Legions of followers willing to die for us?

Lindy

I know a bit about Lee's operations, but no. I never even bothered to rent an apartment here. I was never in town for more than a couple of days before finding the next job and heading out.


Game

  • GME
    • Does Lindy have any friends or contacts that can help? Very Unlikely, No
    • Does Yolo have any friends in the mages guild Very unlikely, No

Yolo

I know a lot about the way Lady Eadriel keeps her house, when she's out running errands, and what mage guild functions she's required to attend.

Lindy

So you know when her house is empty and what wards she has in place to deter and detect unwelcome visitors.

Yolo

Yes. We could try to find out what she knows, but
holds up the crown

Lindy

No, we wouldn't want to carry that in there. Might as well just deliver it to her.

Yolo

We could rent a bank box.


Game

  • GME
    • Does Lindy think a bank box would be safe, given what she knows of Lee's network?
    • 50/50, No

Lindy

It's a good idea in theory, but Lee has leverage on most important people in this city. If he knows the artifact is in one of the banks, he'll be able to get it with a few conversations.

Yolo

What are our alternatives? Do you have some place we can store it? A house or apartment, trusted friend? I...
she sighs

I don't have a lot of friends or contacts I can rely on. I didn't keep up with any of my fellow mages, and Dax is gone.


Game

  • GME
    • Does Lindy have a place to stay?
    • Likely, No

Lindy

When I'm in town, it's usually only for a few days. I tended to stay in one of Lee's properties, since he was my primary employer. There are a few inns and flop houses he doesn't run, but I haven't used them.


Game

  • GME
    • Does Lindy have support or contacts in the City?
      • Very Likely, Extreme yes
      • Puzzled and Credible Government Official
      • Not family member, random event
      • Not lover,
      • Close childhood friend
      • What kind of job?
        • Bureaucrat 1, Legal (lawyer, judge)2, Secretary3-4, Corrections & Policing 5-6,
        • 6, corrections and policing, lower prestige
      • Close childhood friend, watchman and beat cop, probably estranged from Lindy because of her life choices and career. They take a dim view of bounty hunting in general, and Lee is known as the leader of criminal elements in the city.
    • Random Event Focus: 26, NPC Action, Dax's Journal
      • Yolo's eye is drawn to [[Dax's Journal]], which is now sitting on the top of her open pack.

Yolo

Surely Dax had allies in the city. He must have mentioned someone we can call on in here.

Lindy

They loved Dax, not us, and transferred love only goes so far. We might be able to find a place to stay for a few days, or someone who will forget they saw us, but that will probably be the limit.

She takes a deep breath and sighs
I hate to mention it, but I have a close friend in the city police force. We haven't spoken a lot in the last few years, but if we call on them, they'll help us.

Yolo

Why do you hate to bring it up?

Lindy

Because we had a falling out when I started working with Lee. The force is fairly corrupt, but they're still on the straight and narrow. It'll put them in danger if we go to them, and there will be at least one big holier than thou lecture to sit through.

Yolo

I don't see that we have a lot of other options, and "discretely beg your old friend for help" sounds suspiciously like a plan. Speaking of discrete, we still need some place to stay for a few days...

she thumbs open Dax's journal


Game

  • Yolo
    • Yolo is trained in searching, has read the document before, and is searching for a place to stay in Dax's journal.
    • Searching for any time he mentions lying low in town. Spending 2 intellect
    • Rolled 11, probably eased the task by 3 or 4
  • GME
    • Strong hit, you find the name of a flop house in town Dax specifically talks about being discrete. He'd used it when passing through while trying to lay low from both the law & Lee
    • Does Lindy know it? 50/50 No

Yolo

Says here there's a lady down by the docks who rents out a room by the day. It's rotten accommodations, but no one goes down there that doesn't have to, and she doesn't keep a ledger or answer questions.

Lindy

So, sounds like we go find this little old lady, ask for a room, then go find my friend?

Yolo

Seems like a plan.


Game

  • GME
    • The carriage arrives at the depot in the middle of [[Places/The Old City]].

Ending Summary

The carriage has arrived in town with Yolo & Lindy. They have a plan: find a base of operations and find help.

Added Threads

  1. Secure help within [[Places/The Old City]]

Closed Threads

Added Characters

[[Irvin Albrecht|Irvin, Lindy's Childhood Friend]]
[[ttrpgs/adventures_of_yolo/Characters/Kathy Merrick | Kathy Merrick & Her Flop House]]

Removed Characters

Property Value
Next Scene [[014. Three's Company]]
Next Expected Scene Talk to the old lady who rents out her room, see Lindy's friend
Ending Chaos Factor 5, expected scene

Comments