Yolo's dream ended with her choking on smoke. I expected her to awake to a raging fire, but got an altered scene instead. The fire is less bad than I had originally imagined. The furniture in the bunk room is on fire, though why she cannot say. Mercifully, the moldering straw in the mattresses is too decomposed and moist to burn well, hampering the progress of the fire.
The fire is large enough to be a concern. Too large to put out trivially, to small to be a threat to life and limb in the immediate moment. Yolo has options, rather than the only choice being flight.
| Property | Value |
|---|---|
| Start Date & Time | |
| Previous Scene | [[006. A Night of Ruined Sleep]] |
| Current Chaos Factor | 6 |
| Scene Type | Altered |
Relevant Entities
- [[The Ruins]]
- [[The Artifact Dax Died To Get]]
- [[Dax's Journal]]
- [[Characters/Whoever Built the Ruins]]
Scene
Game, Deep in Ruins
- GME
- You wake up coughing, the room is filled with smoke.
- Yolo
- I look around and locate my belongings. Everything should be in my pack, which should be under my head. My cloak should be over me like a blanket. My spear should be propped up against the bunk I'm sleeping in.
- GME
- Give me notice at -1, for the smoke
- Yolo
- 8, success with a raise
- GME
- Is the gear where it should be? Very Likely. 97, no.
- Lethal Solution -- Your spear must have fallen over and rolled away in the night.
- Your spear must have fallen and rolled away in the night. You can vaguely make out the glinting spear head, red with heat, through the smoke. The haft of the spear is gone. Must have rolled away into the ashes and been the source of the fire. Your bag and cloak are where you expect them to be. Your cloak has caught a few embers and is starting to smolder.
- Yolo
- I pat it out quickly and get out of the bed.
- Athletics, 4, simple success
- GME
- You do so. Time passes, clock progresses to 2/6
- Yolo
- I get low and start towards the exit. There shouldn't be traps besides the spike trap room. I'm going to go quickly until I get there.
- Athletics, 2, Failure
- GME
- You just can't run in a crouch. If you stand up, you start choking on smoke. Staying low, you move slower than you'd like. Time passes, clock progresses to 3/6
- You arrive at the spike room, give me a notice
- Yolo
- 5-1, 4, simple success
- GME
- Dax's body isn't where it was, it's leaned up in the corner.
- Yolo
- I move carefully through the trap room.
- Stealthily even, 8, success with a raise
- GME
- You're quite as the tomb.
- You move slowly through the area, avoiding the traps that you reset.
- The clock moves up to 4/6
- Give me a notice
- Yolo
- Simple success after spending a benny, 1 benny remains
Game, Mouth of Ruins
- GME
- Are people outside waiting for Yolo? Nearly Certain. Yes
- You hear motion just outside the ruin entrance. Talking and labor. Someone moving brush. There's a huge amount of heat coming down hall, and you see light flickering on the passage walls.
- Roll smarts.
- Yolo
- 6, simple success
- GME
- Fire. There was fire in your room, but someone's built a big fire just outside of the ruins.
- clock ticks up to 5/6
- Do they speak common? 50/50, Extreme No
- You hear a voice in a language you've never heard before. It's short, loud. Motion comes after it. You hear crackling.
- Yolo
- I rush forward. If the exit isn't blocked, I'm going to just bolt out into the open.
- GME
- It's not open. The exit is covered with brush. It's starting to catch fire.
- Yolo
- I'm going to use entangle to try and capture the people adding brush to the fire when they're near to the pile.
- Spellcasting 8
- success with a raise
- 3 power points to use the largest template, leaving me with 7.
- GME
- You hear more yelling, some of it is panicked, some of it is angry. Timer hits 6/6. The brush catches fire.
- You hear sounds of struggle
- Yolo
- I need to clear the entrance so I can get out. Would it be possible to push the pile over, or do I need to drag brush into the tunnel to clear a path?
- GME
- You'll need to drag it into the tunnel. Roll athletics
- Yolo
- 17, Success with 3 raises.
- GME
- You summon all your strength and pull the pile into the tunnel. You cleverly select the right pieces so you can drag sections of the fire away. The rest remains lined up against the tunnel, but it's only a few pieces and will probably fall over when you break through.
Game, Mad Flight
- Yolo
- I break free and start to run. I need to get away from this place and whoever is trying to kill me. Do I see anything interesting as I leave the cavern and start to go?
- Athletics, simple success
- Notice, 10 - 2, success with a raise
- GME
- Are they regular people? Very likely, yes.
- You see three figures, dressed for hard travel and bloody work. Leathers, swords and daggers, bows. One is standing a good 20 feet from the entrance, a bow on the ground beside them. Two are closer to the ruins entrance. These must have been the ones doing the labor, because there are billets of wood at their feet. The nearest has his forearm exposed, and you can see the same weird symbol of a cross tattooed on his forearm.
- Are they all the same race? Unlikely. 38, yes. They're all gnomes.
- They continue to struggle with the vines as you run past.
- Athletics, 4, Simple Success
- 1 breaks free. You hear a yelled conversation. Roll athletics
- Yolo
- 10, Success with a raise
- GME
- And the mook failed, you put some distance between the two of you
- Athletics, Simple success
- Another mook breaks free.
- The pursuing mook loses ground, and he can't seem to find your trail.
- You think you might be safely away
- Yolo
- I'm going to continue to run like I'm not.
- Athletics, 4, simple success
- GME
- You continue to put good distance between you and them. By the time they regroup, you think you'll be clean away, but you've left a nasty trail behind you.
Ending Summary
Added Threads
- Who were those people that tried to capture or kill Yolo in the ruins?
Closed Threads
- Escape The Ruins alive
- What started the fire
Added Characters
Removed Characters
| Property | Value |
|---|---|
| End Date & Time | |
| Next Scene | [[Journal/008. A Night in the Woods]] |
| Next Expected Scene | Regrouping in the woods, ditching my trail, making a decision on whether to double back and track them or return to civilization.<br>Got Interrupt, PC Negative<br><br>The [[Characters/those people that tried to capture or kill Yolo in the ruins | people pursuing Yolo]] got a really good look at her, and found something on [[Daxter Biggby]]'s corpse tying the two of them together. They have enough information to pursue her easily, and enough power to do so. |
| Ending Chaos Factor | 7 |

Comments
Post a Comment